- Should it be necessary for your child to leave school prior to the regular dismissal, you must send a written note to your child’s teacher in the morning. Parent/guardian is also required to check into the office and sign the child out of the building in our Student Log.
- It is recommended that students not be dismissed early from school for reasons other than Doctor/ Dentist appointments or Family emergencies. Whenever possible, please try to schedule medical and dental appointments during non-school hours.
In the event of school closure due inclement weather, parents and guardians will recieve a voice and text mesage on ConnectEd. School closures are also posted on turnto10.com/weather/closings and https://www.wpri.com. If the dismissal is for any reason other than inclement weather, the school will attempt to call the parent/guardian of the child. If a parent/guardian cannot be reached, an emergency number for the person(s) authorized to pick-up the child will be called.
- Children who arrive after the bell rings will be considered “tardy” or late.
- The only excuses for tardiness are: medical emergencies, doctor’s appointments, major family problems, problems with transportation (bus or car breakdowns) and inclement weather.
- Excessive tardiness is unacceptable and will be brought to the attention of the truancy officer.